Coach MacGinnis was one of the nation’s top 3 kicker prospects out of high school, and was the all time leading scorer at the University of Kentucky, with a 53-yard field goal against Missouri late in the 4th quarter to give UK the lead. Train under this dynamic coach.
2018 Mini Camp with Chicago Bears
- All-time leading scorer (354points)
- 53- yard field goal vs. Missouri late in the 4th quarter to give UK the lead.
- 2017-18 SEC Boyd Mcwhorter Postgraduate Scholarship Winner
- NCAA Post Graduate Scholarship Winner.
- Third-team All-Sec
- CoSIDA Academic All-Regional Team
- 22-of-28 field goals (5 misses were over 48 yards)
- Perfect 36-of-36 extra points
2016 – Junior
- Hit 16-of-19 FG attempts for 84.2 percent
- The 257 points are the most points ever for a Wildcat prior to his senior season
- Ranked seventh in the SEC in scoring (kick), averaging 7.1 ppg
- Is 4-of-7 in his career from 50+ yards and is just the second player in school history to have at least four career field goals of 51 yards
- 47-yard field goal with 12 seconds left at No. 11 Louisville, the second game-winning kick of the season.
- 51-yard game-winning field goal as time expired to beat Mississippi State.
- Named to SEC Academic Honor Roll for the third straight season
2015 – Sophomore
- 13-of-17 in field goal attempts, including a long of 48
- Extended his school-record streak of consecutive field goals made to 11
- Took a one-week service/educational trip to Ethiopia in May
2014 – Freshman
- Made 21 of 27 field goals and all 41 extra point tries
- Set school records for most points in a season (104), most field goals in a season (21), most extra points in a season without a miss (41 of 41), most kickoff touchbacks in a season (25), longest field goal in school history (54 yards) and consecutive field goals made (9)
- Named first-team All-SEC and first-team Freshman All-America
- Top game came in the season finale at Louisville, when he made 4-of-4 field goals and 4-of-4 extra points
- Named National Placekicker of the Week by the College Football Performance Awards
- Made school-record 54-yard field goal at Tennessee
- Earlier in the season he tied the school record with a 53-yard FG vs. Ohio
- Nailed a clutch 51-yarder at Florida to send the game into overtime
- One of the nation’s top three kicker prospects according to Rivals and 247Sports.com
- Played his senior season at Prattville (Ala.) High School under Coach Chad Anderson
- Handled punts, field goals and kickoffs for the Lions, making seven of 10 field goals, including a 50-yarder
- 76 percent of kickoffs went for touchbacks
- Named to the all-area team
- Participated for the winning National team in the Offense-Defense All-America Bowl in Houston following his senior campaign
- Played at Randolph County High School before moving to Prattville his senior season
- Converted six of nine field goals and made all of his extra points as a junior, with 81 percent touchbacks on kickoffs
- Participated in the National Underclassmen Challenge and performed well
- Born in Sacramento, Calif.
- Son of Kevin and Becky MacGinnis
- Graduated in May of 2017 with a degree in finance and is currently working on a master’s degree in business administration at UK’s Gatton College of Business and Economics
- Visited with sick children at Wolfson Children’s Hospital at the TaxSlayer Bowl in Jacksonville, Fla. (2016)
- Participated in a one-week service/educational trip to Ethiopia where he interacted with residents of impoverished communities, visited imprisoned men, helped widows, cared for orphans, and helped renovate houses (2015)
- Stayed after practice to spend time with the Special Olympics (2015)
- Served food to homeless people for Lighthouse Ministries (2015)
- Volunteered for Bud Asher’s Kick Back to Central Florida Clinic in Daytona Beach, Fla. (2015)